We have an awesome community at Appel Farm! Get to know our campers, alumni, staff, and parents!
Get involved! Click on your link, below, answer the questions, and look for yourself on our Welcome Wednesday blog sometime soon!
And, now, introducing…
New Camper Fiona Pollack, age 10, from Merion, PA, USA is coming to
Mini Session I this summer!
- What are some of your favorite things to do in your spare time? Draw, read, write, and basketball
- What might you choose for your Majors this summer? Journalism and either Drawing or Ceramics
- What is one thing you want your new camp friends to know about you? Maniac Magee is my favorite book; IT ROCKS!!!!
- When you think about your first summer at Appel Farm, what are you most excited about? Friends, probably. I’d like to meet new people.
Return Camper Celena Salvo, age 13, from Hamden, CT, USA has been coming to Appel Farm for 2 years!
- What are your favorite Majors or Minors? Theater minors, especially Hunger Games and Make Your Own Musical
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? How everyone is nice to each other and accepts each other
- What is one thing your camp friends don’t know about you? I’m sure all my camp friends know everything about me. I’m an open book!
- What is something that you are proud you’ve done this year since camp? I have been more social!
Staff Member Monica Mainville from Baltimore, Maryland, USA has a degree in Psychology and Studio Art from Goucher College.
- What is your role at camp this summer? Costume Instructor and Bunk Counselor!
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? The people! Whether it’s with the campers or my coworkers, I love the bonds and friendships I have formed.
- What is one thing you are excited about doing at camp? Inviting the campers to try on all the crazy costumes we have in the shop!
- What is one thing campers don’t know about you? I really like to pretend I’m a dinosaur.
- What is something interesting that you do when you are not at camp? I travel a lot! Every chance I get, I zoom off to another destination that I have never been!
- What are three things you are passionate about? Free food, hamsters, my keychain collection.
Camper Parents Barbara and Curt Stevens, from Randolph, NJ, USA have been part of the Appel Farm family for 2, going on 3 years! Allyson is coming for our 6-Week Session this summer!
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Community of friends and diverse selection of activities
- Why did you choose Appel Farm for your family? So Allyson could meet new friends, hone her artistic skills and develop new ones, and gain some independence and self-confidence
- If you could come to camp this summer, what classes would you take? Drawing, creative writing, video & horseback riding