Welcome to Appel Farm! Get to know members of our community!
We have an awesome community at Appel Farm! Get to know our campers, alumni, staff, and parents!
Get involved! Click on your link, below, answer the questions, and look for yourself on our Welcome Wednesday blog sometime soon!
And, now, introducing…
Alumni Salvador A. Hernandez, from San Diego, CA, USA was a camper at Appel Farm from 2010-2012.
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? My favorite thing is the people. The environment that creates a great AF community.
- What is one thing you learned at camp that you use in your life today? I learned many people skills. Skills that are very important in this world.
- How are the arts incorporated into your life now? The arts will always be in my life with music. I will never stop playing music & appreciate everything about it.
Staff Member Erica Cherry from the Harleysville, PA, USA, has a BFA in Clarinet from Carnegie Mellon University, and an MM in Clarinet from University of Cincinnati.
- What is your role at camp this summer? Head of Hill and Winds/Woodwinds Instructor
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? I love having an excuse to make funny outfits and be goofy! I also love meeting new wonderful people.
- What is one thing you are excited about doing at camp? S’mores and campfires! Concerts!
- What is one thing campers don’t know about you? I read constantly and am obsessed with libraries.
- What is something interesting that you do when you are not at camp? I do yoga and teach group music classes.
- What are three things you are passionate about? Music, chocolate, and my future kitten
Staff Member AuCo Lai from Minneapolis, MN, USA, has a Bachelors in Fine Arts, K-12 Education from Montclair State University.
- What is your role at camp this summer? I’ll be teaching Ceramics and looking over a bunk!
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? The kids. Sounds cheesy, but they are some of the most brilliant humans I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
- What is one thing you are excited about doing at camp? I’m really excited to work with the Green Corps to teach everyone about local agriculture!
- What is one thing campers don’t know about you? I find gardening extremely wonderful, especially at camp! It’s great to dig around the dirt with my bunk. We’re growing food!!
- What is something interesting that you do when you are not at camp? I am trying to hone my skills as a Cat Whisperer so that someday I can star in an Animal Planet special.
- What are three things you are passionate about? Cooking/Good food, Art, People