We have an awesome community at Appel Farm! Get to know our campers, alumni, staff, and parents!
Get involved! Click on your link, below, answer the questions, and look for yourself on our Welcome Wednesday blog sometime soon!
And, now, introducing…
Return Camper Natalie Bombeke, age 12, from Vineland, NJ, USA has been coming to Appel Farm for 3 years, and is coming to Second Session this summer!
- What are your favorite Majors or Minors? Drawing, Beginning Instruments
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Being able to express yourself and not be judged for it.
- What is one thing your camp friends don’t know about you? Nothing, really, we’ve talked about everything!
- What is something that you are proud you’ve done this year since camp? I made a fox fursuit head and improved my drawing skills.
Staff Member Chloe Grier from the New York, NY, USA, is working toward a degree in Social Sciences from University College Dublin. (Chloe was a camper at Appel Farm for eight summers from 2004-2011!)
- What is your role at camp this summer? Camp Intern, Theater Performance
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Community!
- What is one thing you are excited about doing at camp? I’m excited to help create wonderful memories for the campers!
- What is one thing campers don’t know about you? I own a shopping cart that you usually see little old ladies carrying.
- What is something interesting that you do when you are not at camp? I make movies sometimes…when I have the equipment!
- What are three things you are passionate about? Acting, animals, and film.
Camper Parents Wendy and Tom Seymour, from Clermont, NJ, USA are new to the Appel Farm family. Their daughters, Maya and Sidra, are coming to Mini Session II this summer!
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Don’t know yet.
(Did we mention that Maya and Sidra are new to Appel Farm? Let’s make sure the Seymours have lots of favorites if we ask again after camp!)
- Why did you choose Appel Farm for your family? Kids looking for something artistic and productive for 2 weeks.
- If you could come to camp this summer, what classes would you take? Music and Horseback Riding.
Alumna Savannah Kozo-Gates, from Bennington, VT, USA, was a staff member in 2012.
- What was your role at camp? I was a laundry staff member!
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Feeling accepted and at home, even surrounded by people I’d never met before
- What is one thing campers don’t know about you? I collect movie tickets and ticket stubs from other events! Also, postcards!
- What is something interesting that you do when you are not at camp? I work as a pharmacy technician!
- What are three things you are passionate about? Love, learning, and fun!