We have an awesome community at Appel Farm! Get to know our campers, alumni, staff, and parents!
Get involved! Click on your link, below, answer the questions, and look for yourself on our Welcome Wednesday blog sometime soon!
And, now, introducing…
Return Camper Nina Bombeke, age 9, from Vineland, NJ, USA has been coming to Appel Farm for 1 year, and is coming to Second Session this summer!
- What are your favorite Majors or Minors? Green Corps
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Seeing all my friends and my counselors
- What is one thing your camp friends don’t know about you? My favorite food is a grapefruit.
- What is something that you are proud you’ve done this year since camp? Making pottery
Staff Member Ellamarie Quimby from Annandale, VA, USA, has a BFA in Fine Art Photography, and will graduate this May with a MA in Teaching, both from Corcoran College of Art + Design.
- What is your role at camp this summer? Head of Photography
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? The BEAUTIFUL community!!
- What is one thing you are excited about doing at camp? I am always excited to meet new friends and help my peers and students realize their artistic potential!
- What is one thing campers don’t know about you? Every summer growing up, I wrote that I was “allergic to basketball” on my all of my camp medical forms.
- What is something interesting that you do when you are not at camp? I am an avid rock climber! Although the weather hasn’t been cooperating lately, I can’t wait to get back outside in the spring.
- What are three things you are passionate about? Free education, artistic exploration and faith in a kind universe.
Camper Vicki Steinwurtzel, from Chevy Chase, MD, USA is new to the Appel Farm family! Her Son Ben is coming to Mini Session II this summer!
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Variety of programs
- Why did you choose Appel Farm for your family? Recommended by friend
- If you could come to camp this summer, what classes would you take? Art and Ceramics
Alumna Lee Chaix “Pete” McDonough (nee Katz), from Silver Spring, MD, USA, but living in Bruch, Germany was a camper from 1991-1994.
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? The freedom to explore, and ultimately to be yourself
- What is one thing you learned at camp that you use in your life today? The world is a richer place when we help others access and share their creative gifts. Plus, I learned how to develop B&W pics.
- How are the arts incorporated into your life now? I’m a clinical social worker & psychotherapist. I help my clients access their creativity as part of the therapeutic process.