We have an awesome community at Appel Farm! Get to know our campers, alumni, staff, and parents!
Get involved! Click on your link, below, answer the questions, and look for yourself on our Welcome Wednesday blog sometime soon!
And, now, introducing…
Return Camper Madeline Soto, age 13, from New York City, NY, USA has been coming to Appel Farm for 2 years, and is coming to Second Session this summer!
- What are your favorite Majors or Minors? Dance and Swim
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Everything
- What is one thing your camp friends don’t know about you? I love to sing!
- What is something that you are proud you’ve done this year since camp? I am a major at dance.
Staff Member Sarvananda Bluestone from Woodstock, NY, USA, has a B.A. from Cornell, and an M.A. and PhD. from University of Wisconsin.
- What is your role at camp this summer? Head Counselor and Theater Director
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Acceptance and non-clique
- What is one thing you are excited about doing at camp? Meeting new campers and staff and reconnecting with old ones
- What is one thing campers don’t know about you? I don’t know what they don’t know. Two published books?
- What is something interesting that you do when you are not at camp? Write. Write. Write.
- What are three things you are passionate about? Writing; My family; Walking on my mountain.
Camper Parent Holly Manders, from Vineland, NJ, USA has been part of the Appel Farm family since 2010! Her daughter Natalie has been coming to camp for 3 years, Nina has been coming for 1 year, and they are both coming to Second Session this summer!
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? That it gives my girls something of their very own that they look forward to all year long.
- Why did you choose Appel Farm for your family? Because it’s a fantastic opportunity and it’s so close to home.
- If you could come to camp this summer, what classes would you take? Costume Design and Photography
Alumni Hannah Ullman, from Roanoke, Virginia, USA was a camper from 2002-2005.
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? You could be yourself without any judgement.
- What is one thing you learned at camp that you use in your life today? How to accept people for who they are, no matter what.
- How are the arts incorporated into your life now? The arts are a huge part of my life, I do photography on the side and that’s how I stay sane.