We have an awesome community at Appel Farm! Get to know our campers, alumni, staff, and parents!
Get involved! Click on your link, below, answer the questions, and look for yourself on our Welcome Wednesday blog sometime soon!
And, now, introducing…
Return Camper Austin Beaulieu, age 15, from Smithville, NJ, USA has been coming to Appel Farm for 4 years, and is coming to Mini Session II this summer!
- What are your favorite Majors or Minors? Theater Performance, Photography, and Music
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? The friends you make
- What is one thing your camp friends don’t know about you? I don’t know. I tell them, pretty much, everything.
- What is something that you are proud you’ve done this year since camp? I’ve done really well in my forensic pieces (dramatic monologue, comedic monologue, oral interpretation of prose, etc.)
New Camper Ginny Glynn, age 12, from Ocean Township, NJ, USA is coming to
Second Session this summer!
- What are some of your favorite things to do in your spare time? Write, play outside, listen to music, draw, and read
- What might you choose for your Majors this summer? Drawing and Printmaking/Mulitmedia Art
- What is one thing you want your new camp friends to know about you? I can always make them laugh.
- When you think about your first summer at Appel Farm, what are you most excited about? I am excited about meeting NEW people who like the same stuff as me.
Alumni Stacy Moynahan from Endicott, NY, USA was a staff member at Appel Farm in 2009 and 2010.
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? The creative energy never stops. Never in my life have I met so many creative individuals.
- What is one thing you learned at camp that you use in your life today? Not to be afraid to be myself!
- How are the arts incorporated into your life now? I teach and perform at the local community theater, and am currently working on a kid’s production of “Cats”!
Staff Member Jon Montgomery from Corpus Christi, TX, USA has a BFA in Acting with a minor in Dance from University of Northern Colorado, and is working toward an MFA in Acting and Education at Texas A&M University.
- What is your role at camp this summer? Acting Instructor, Director, Hip-Hop Dance Instructor, and Relief Counselor
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Collaboration. The campers and counselors are Geniuses. It’s the greatest place to create Art together.
- What is one thing you are excited about doing at camp? I love teaching. I love working side-by-side with campers and seeing them really grasp what you are teaching them.
- What is one thing campers don’t know about you? I live on an island just off of the Texas Coast. (Yes, Texas has a Coast).
- What is something interesting that you do when you are not at camp? I am ever-present in the theatre scene in Texas. I work year-round crafting theatre. It’s literally my life.
- What are three things you are passionate about? Theatre (if you couldn’t guess),education, and being a compassionate human being.
Camper Parent Suzanne Neuman, from Boulder, CO, USA has been part of the Appel Farm family since 2004! Her daughter Shannon came to camp from 2004-2008, and Lauren has been coming to Appel Farm for 3 years, and is coming to First Session this summer!
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? My kids say that it is truly a place where they can be themselves and find themselves.
- Why did you choose Appel Farm for your family? Non-competitive, full of choices and ways to explore many different types of art forms
- If you could come to camp this summer, what classes would you take? Filmmaking (I wish!)