The Bunk Team
The Bunk Team delivers transformational arts and learning using the Appel Farm Approach, showing love, empathy, flexibility, patience, grit, stamina, interpersonal and organizational skills, and a sense of humor.
The Bunk Team:
- Provides training, support, and guidance for Bunk Counselors,
- Creates connections, forms and nurtures relationships with Bunk Counselors and campers,
- Coaches Bunk Counselors to establish and practice routines and rituals for their campers based on our core values of safety, fun, personal growth, and community, and allows campers to work toward the goals we have for every camper,
- Works with Bunk Counselors to create and sustain an inclusive community that celebrates each camper for exactly who it is that they are.
Do you have a college degree in education, child development, child psychology, creative art therapy, or a related field? Do you have at least three years of experience working with children? Do you have skills in Collaborative Problem Solving, Emotionally Intelligent Leadership, and/or Restorative Practice? Are you available to live and work at Appel Farm Arts Camp from June 11 – August 18, 2020? Are you looking for a transformative arts and learning experience for your creative kids age 7-17? Do you want to take on a unique and rewarding summer job working with creative kids and arts educators from around the world at Appel Farm Arts Camp?
If you answered “yes” to some or all of these questions, let’s connect! Apply for a Bunk Head position, or contact Jennie Quinn, Public Outreach Director, at email@example.com or 856-358-2472, ext. 107.
The Appel Farm Approach
- Routines & Rituals
- Counselor Cornerstones
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Restorative Practice
Bunk Team Positions
- Head of North: Working with 7-11 year old campers
- Head of Coop: Working with 12-13 year old campers
- Head of Hill: Working with 14-15 year old campers
- Head of South: Working with 16-17 year old campers
- Camp Counselor: Counseling support for Bunk Heads