The Appel Farm Senior CIT Program is designed to give our campers another year of leadership opportunity, building on the great experience they had as a CIT in their previous summer. Senior CITs still take part in the general CIT program, with additional programming and opportunity designed just for them!
Senior CITs are campers who have:
• Successfully completed 1 summer in our CIT Program.
• Have not yet graduated from High School.
• Are still under 18 years old.
Leadership and Experience
• Completion of a Senior CIT Independent Study Project.
• Staff Mentor and Department Head Supervisor for their Independent Study.
• Creation of their own lesson plan taught in the last week of classes.
• Design and teach their own Sunday workshops.
• Receive 3 Letters of Recommendation and 40 Service Hours.
• Overnight College Tour Adventure (visiting new colleges and universities).
• Senior CIT Lunch off-camp with the Camp Director.
• Off-Site Service Project Trip.
•All the camp trips they know and love – Beach Day, Department Trip, Bunk Area Trip, Diner Trip, and Berry Picking!
• Assigned to a cabin of “Little Buddies” – to serve as a role model/big sibling.
• Bunk Supervision once a week.
• On-site service project with all CITs.
• Serving as role models and leaders for the entire camp community.
How to Apply
Teenagers interested and eligible for the Senior CIT program should first enroll for a minimum of 4 weeks of camp – Sessions 1&2, or Sessions 3&4. Registered campers, who are eligible, can apply online.
If you have any questions, please contact Cara Corradetti, Camp Relations Director, at 856-358-2472 ext. 116 or by e-mail at email@example.com. All Senior CITs will be notified of their acceptance into the CIT Program prior to June 1.