Learn to swim, score a goal, work on your serve, canter, trot, practice the sun salutation — stretch!
Sports & Swim
The Sports & Swim program at Appel Farm is safe, well-supervised, and non-competitive, and offers instruction in skill building and teamwork. Facilities include a basketball court, 2 tennis courts, 3 athletic fields, and a 25-meter swimming pool.
- Major I classes include : Tennis
- Major II classes include : Instructional Swim, Team Sports
Past Sports & Swim Minors, which vary every summer and reflect the unique strengths of current staff, have included Tennis, Instructional Swim, Water Ballet, Team Sports, and a double minor in Horseback Riding.
Windfall Farm Dressage, a prestigious farm located just 10 minutes from Appel Farm, has created a specialized program for Appel Farm campers to combine horseback riding with the arts. For an additional cost, campers can choose to enroll in the program as both of their minors and will spend every afternoon learning about horse care, dressage style riding, and even jumping, and will work towards a choreographed performance on horseback.
- Lap Swimming before Breakfast during Early Birds
- Free-Swim every afternoon during Afternoon Free Choice
- Bunk Pool Parties
- Yoga and Aerobic Classes during Early Birds, Afternoon Free Choice, and Late Night Fun Time
- Organized games and tournaments during Afternoon Free Choice in Basketball, Softball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc…
- The International vs. United States Soccer Match once a session