Sharpie Tie Dyes!
Sharpie Tie Dyes are a fun and easy alternative to traditional, messy, tie dyeing techniques. You probably have all of the materials you need already at home!
- 100% cotton t-shirt
- Sharpie Markers
- A rubber band
- A paper plate
- An eye dropper
- Rubbing alcohol
- Place a round paper plate in between the t-shirt layers and place a rubber band around the plate, drawing the material tight.
- Using bright colors draw a circular design. Leave lots of white space and avoid dark colors such as brown and black. Use dark purples, greens and blues sparingly.
- With an eye dropper, strategically drop droplets of Rubbing Alcohol so that the Sharpie colors start to bleed. Do not over saturate.
- When you are finished bleeding your design, use a hair dryer to dry the rubbing alcohol. When dry, remove the paper plate.
- Use a hot iron to set the Sharpie ink.