We have an awesome community at Appel Farm! Get to know our campers, alumni, staff, and parents!
Get involved! Click on your link, below, answer the questions, and look for yourself on our Welcome Wednesday blog sometime soon!
And, now, introducing…
Return Camper Claire Gadon, age 14, from Somers Point, NJ, USA has been coming to Appel Farm for 4 years, going on 5 for Camp 2013!
- What are your favorite Majors or Minors? TECH
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? I love that no matter how many years you’ve been, there is always something new to learn.
- What is one thing your camp friends don’t know about you? I take Ballet, and love it.
- What is something that you are proud you’ve done this year since camp? I did a Jewish youth group event where I knew no one.
Alumni Susan (Gordon) Lawson from Troy, NY, USA was a camper at Appel Farm from 1991 to 1994.
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? That it’s a feeling, and not just a place.
- What is one thing you learned at camp that you use in your life today? That different is good!
- How are the arts incorporated into your life now? I’m an architect, my husband is an art professor, my preschooler loves crafts. Where is it NOT incorporated into my life?
Staff Member Melissa Tevere from Wyncote, PA, USA has a BFA from Tyler School of Art.
- What is your role at camp this summer? Head of North and Visual Arts Instructor.
- What is one of your favorite things about Appel Farm? Friday Night concerts and being simply amazed at the talent of our campers!
- What is one thing you are excited about doing at camp? I am excited about Beach Day, boardwalk pizza and soft serve ice cream!
- What is one thing campers don’t know about you? I own an Auto Body Repair Shop.
- What is something interesting that you do when you are not at camp? I am the Art Editor of Philadelphia Stories.
- What are three things you are passionate about? My kids and campers, Jacob and Chloe; Painting; Appel Farm.