Green Picnic Table Time
Online Gatherings for Camp 2020
While we can’t gather in person this summer, we can connect and create! Join us every day, or once in a while, for the all-camp Morning Meeting! Turn Rest Hour into Arts Hour with daily arts gatherings by major, and connect by Bunk Area with campers your age during Late Night Fun Time. Join us every Friday night for your favorite Evening Activities, and spend Sundays doing Workshops with Alumni! Most of all, we hope you will connect with us, remember that you have a community that loves you, and you have your appel inside you forever…
Here are the details:
- Green Picnic Table Time is free programming for Camp 2020 campers. If your child was not enrolled in Camp 2020, please get in touch to see if they are also eligible to participate.
- Green Picnic Table Time runs from July 6-August 14, 2020.
- The Camp Community will gather on Discord, a popular group-chatting platform. When you sign up, we will send you a link to download the free app, and join our Appel Farm Community on Discord.
10:00 – 10:30 AM
Gather online with the whole camp community! Connect with friends and counselors, get important information like the weather and joke of the day, hear announcements about upcoming activities and events, learn about a low tech/no tech camp option for the day, share warm fuzzies, and more.
1:00 – 2:00 PM
Let’s turn Rest Hour into Arts Hour! Gather, connect, and create: Music, Theatre Performance, Technical Theatre, Dance, Visual Arts, Photography, Arts + Technology, Creative Writing, Sports & Swim. Think about Open Art Barn, Open Dark Rooms, or Actor’s Studio… Bring projects you are already working on, like the beginnings of a song, or a knitting project, a painting, or a poem… Come in with some ideas you want to explore, maybe take off on someone else’s idea, and come up with a new collaboration. There is so much room for connecting and creating during Rest Hour this summer. We can take a nap later!
Rest Hour Weekly Schedule
Sports & Swim
Arts & Tech
Arts & Tech
Afternoon Free Choice
Tuesday & Thursday
5:00 – 6:00 PM
For so many of our campers, Afternoon Free Choice is all about sitting at a green picnic table playing Magic: The Gathering, or cards, or board games, and more. Join AJ and the Gaming Club twice a week for caring, sharing and laughing. Play all kinds of games! If there is a game you always wanted to know more about or are dying to share? Then bring those ideas too!
At the end of each busy camp day, the entire community gathers to enjoy an evening activity. Some evenings, we are treated to performances by campers, staff, or Guest Artists. At other times, we participate with our bunk in a scavenger hunt, dress up for a Dinner Dance, or visit the Psyku Booth at the Carnival! So, how will this wildly creative community do all of these things online? Join us on Friday Nights to find out and join in the fun! We will be sharing these Friday nights with our whole Camp Community!
Late Night Fun Time
At Camp, free time between Evening Activity and Lights Out is Late Night Fun Time, and that means laying on blankets out in the field staring up at the stars, sitting back to back reading with your best friend, hanging out at a picnic table playing ukuleles, meeting up with your castmate to run lines, making friendship bracelets, or maybe even running all over camp using up your last burst of energy before the cowbell rings. This summer, gather with your peers by Bunk Area, and connect with kids your age. Create the space together, and find a way to make the gathering feel like free time a camp. Create, relax, connect, talk, laugh, whatever feels right.
Late Night Fun Time Weekly Schedule
Hill & South
Hill & South
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Sundays are special at camp — a time for to relax, write letters, read, hang out with old friends and make new ones, swim, play games, or try something completely new and different at optional workshops that are held throughout the day. This summer, our alumni are joining our Camp 2020 community to offer workshops in visual and performing arts, and so much more. 60 years of alumni, each with their own camp memories and experiences that shaped their lives, and they are sharing that all with us! Check in each week to see the workshops available each hour between 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
There’s art in the making this summer…
Join us online to connect and create with Appel Farm.
In a time when learning must take place physically distanced, Appel Farm is committed to connecting young artists with our talented group of professional artists and educators in a virtual art-making space. We are committed to creating a safe, brave space founded in social-emotional learning as young artists develop their creativity and love of learning.
Art in the Making classes place an emphasis on a community of creators, coming together to understand themselves, one another, and their world through the process of art-making.
Art in the Making Details:
- Art in the Making runs July 6-August 14, 2020, for six weeks of weekly 1-hour classes.
- Classes are designed for young artists ages 7 to 17.
- Classes are scheduled Monday-Friday, from 4:00-5:00 PM or 5:00-6:00 PM.
- Sign up for one class, or sign up for all nine! Discounts offered on three or more classes.
- Classes cost $150 ($25/1-hour class, for 6 weeks)
- Take three or more classes, and each class beyond the 2nd costs $120 ($20/1-hour class, for 6 weeks)
- Classes will meet on Discord, an online platform that is accessible from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. We will provide information on how to download the Discord app, join the Appel Farm Community, and help you throughout the class with any support you need.
- Classes are facilitated by Appel Farm Teaching Artists
Appel Farm is offering virtual Private & Small Group Lessons this summer!
Appel Farm Teaching Artists and Appel Farm Arts Camp Instructors are teaching lessons online to help our community stay creative over the summer! Sign your creative kid up for one-on-one instruction in music, theatre, visual arts, photography, and more! We are adding Teaching Artists and lessons all the time, and you can always reach out with your ideal lesson. We will most likely be able to match you with a Teaching Artist and get you started!
Missing your friends? Get together with 2-5 friends for a Small Group Lesson! You can all join the same class from your own houses, and learn together. Rehearse scenes, write songs, collaborate on an art project, write poetry and have group critiques!
- Private and Small Group Lessons run July 6-August 14, 2020.
- Choose 3 or 6 weeks of weekly lessons.
- Lessons are designed for young artists ages 7 to 17; lessons may be available to other aged-students on request.
- Private Lessons cost $30 per 1/2-hour lesson, and $60 per 1-hour lesson.
$90 for 3 weeks of 1/2-hour lessons
$180 for 6 weeks of 1/2-hour lessons
$180 for 3 weeks of 1-hour lessons
$360 for 6 weeks of 1-hour lessons
- Small Group Lessons cost $30 per 1-hour lesson, per student, up to 5 students.
$90 for 3 weeks of 1-hour lessons
$180 for 6 weeks of 1-hour lessons
- Lessons will meet on Zoom, an online platform that is accessible from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. We will provide information on how to download the Zoom app, and help you throughout the summer with any support you need.
- Lessons are taught by Appel Farm Teaching Artists