We are counting down the days until Camp 2018, and it won’t be long before you arrive at camp for summer of fun, friends, and the arts! We want you to have all the details about Check-In Day, so your camper’s first day at camp goes smoothly. Of course, it will help if you have all your camp forms in first! Read on to learn all about our dates, schedule, and procedures for Check-In Day!
Dates & Schedule
- Session 1: Sunday, June 24 between 1:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Session 2: Sunday, July 8 between 1:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Session 3: Sunday, July 22 between 1:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Session 4: Sunday, August 5 between 1:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Please do not arrive before 1:00 PM; we will not be ready for you!
- Please plan to arrive by 3:00 PM to make sure your family has time for our Check-In Procedures!
- Save time on Check-In day: log into your CampInTouch account now to make sure all your camper’s forms are complete!
Check-In Day Procedures
#1 Drive to your Bunk Area and Check-In
Look for an e-mail the night before camp starts to learn in which Bunk Area your camper will be living. When you arrive at camp, drive down the road from the parking lot to North, Coop, Hill, or South and park on the grass facing the bunks.
- As you pull into the parking lot, our staff will be able to remind you in which Bunk Area your camper will be living.
- Drive slowly. (5 mph speed limit)
- Meet your camper’s Bunk Head and receive your camper’s bunk assignment in the tent outside the Bunk Area.
#2 Complete Camp Paperwork & Meet with the Camp Nurses
In front of your Bunk Area
- Complete any missing paperwork, including a photo of your camper.
- Make a deposit into your camper’s canteen account.
- Your camper will be screened for head lice and a fever.
- Meet with a Camp Nurse to continue your camper’s health screening and turn in any medication. (Once your camper’s hand is stamped, feel free to move onto #3 if there is a line to meet with the Camp Nurse. You can always meet with the Camp Nurse once your camper is moved in!)
#3 Move into your Bunk
- Meet your camper’s Bunk Counselors.
- Help your camper move into the bunk and unpack.
- This is a good time to talk with the Bunk Counselors about your camper’s daily class schedule before choosing your camper’s classes with the Department Heads.
#4 Choose Classes & Drop Off Instruments and Cameras
In the Dance Studio
- Confirm your camper’s schedule with each of their Department Heads. Ask questions to make sure your camper is in the best classes, and make changes if necessary.
- If your camper is in a Music or Photography class, drop off instruments and cameras. Please make sure your camper’s name is clearly labeled on all instruments, cameras, and cases.
In the Dining Hall
- If your family arrives between 1:00 – 3:00 PM, you are invited to eat lunch with us!
Finally, it’s Time to Say Good-Bye
- Give your camper one last hug, and say good-bye. Your camper will join the rest of their bunk on a camp tour at 4:00 PM sharp!