Counselor In Training Program Agreement
The CIT Will:
- Actively Participate in the CIT Program, attending all CIT meetings, training sessions, and events; completing all required paperwork; volunteering for duties; and contributing to the success of the program.
- Act as a Role Model, consistently showing respect for each member of the community, promoting the philosophies of Appel Farm, abiding by the rules of the community, and enforcing the rules and policies among other campers.
- Serve as a Big Brother or Big Sister to a South camper, spending time with younger campers during Free Choice and Late Night Fun Time, or at other times as arranged by the Head of South and CIT Coordinator. CITs may also go on off-camp trips with the South campers.
- Give back to the Appel Farm community by completing a Service Project with their peers.
- Complete a CIT Guided Stud,y working with both the CIT Coordinator and assigned mentor in one Major.
Appel Farm Arts Camp Will:
- Upon receipt of the signed Counselor In Training Program Agreement, Appel Farm will credit the CITs tuition account with the CIT Discount. First year CITs will receive a discount of $240 for a 4-week session, $400 for an 8-week session; second year CITs will receive a discount of $300 for a 4-week session, $500 for an 8-week session.
- Upon successful completion of the CIT Program, based on the above responsibilities as supervised by the CIT Coordinator and performance evaluation, Appel Farm will send the CIT a CIT Rebate in October. First year CITs will receive a rebate of $130 for a 4-week session, $200 for an 8-week session; second year CITs will receive a rebate of $180 for a 4-week session, $280 for an 8-week session. CITs must participate in and complete all aspects of the 4-week program in order to receive the rebate. Appel Farm reserves the right to dismiss a CIT from the program if he/she does not fulfill the required responsibilities or he/she fails to follow all Camp Rules. Any CIT who leaves camp early for any reason or does not complete all aspects of the program satisfactorily, will be ineligible for the CIT Rebate.
My parent/guardian and I have read and understand the CIT Program and CIT Responsibilities, as stated above. By submitting this form, I and my parent/guardian indicate that we have read the form, and agree to the terms listed. It further shows that I am ready and willing to accept the responsibilities and the challenges of the CIT Program.