DIRECT A ZOMBIE MOVIE, ANIMATE A CARTOON, AND TELL A STORY THROUGH THE ART OF VIDEO! EXPERIENCE EVERY ASPECT OF FILM PRODUCTION.
- Learn the art of producing, screenwriting, directing, filming, and editing
- Gain experience using professional digital video equipment and Final Cut Pro editing suites
- Complete collaborative projects with an emphasis on process-based learning
- Play a key role in a short film shown to the camp community at the close of each session
- Record original music with a band, design sound effects for a play, create a soundtrack for a video, or create your own podcast
- Digital recording studio with ProTools workstation technology
LEGO® Robotics and Design
Appel Farm’s LEGO® Robotics and Design pro
gram is a perfect blend of artistic design and technology, and tons of fun!
- Build a unique LEGO® Mindstorm robot.
- Use EV3 programming software.
- Practice collaboration, critical thinking, and communication in a creative way!
This fun and high-tech program seamlessly blends art and technology exposing campers to science, technology, engineering, arts, and math while developing 21st-century learning and innovation skills. The program encourages campers to practice collaboration, critical thinking, and communication in a creative way while enjoying the comfort and support of the dynamic and caring staff of Appel Farm.
Campers collaborate in groups to design and build a unique LEGO® Mind storm robot. With their own creations, campers will develop and program creative solutions to obstacles with the robots using EV3 programming software. Of course, since this is arts camp, we will be programming our robots to make art!